Fujita5 - Storm Chasing Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fujita5 - Storm Chasing Game

Official development board of Fujita5

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some photos, in-game taken

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
marcrem

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Some photos, in-game taken Empty
PostSubject: Some photos, in-game taken   Some photos, in-game taken Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 4:10 am

Some photos, in-game taken Weatherphoto0bp1
Some photos, in-game taken Weatherphoto7wa6
Some photos, in-game taken Weatherphoto9ga7
Back to top Go down
xXxGuitar511

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Some photos, in-game taken   Some photos, in-game taken Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 4:22 am

Hmm... I'm not a big fan of the terrain. I think it desperaty needs a detail map, or even a multitexture shader (but this might be too slow)...
Back to top Go down
marcrem

PostSubject: Re: Some photos, in-game taken   Some photos, in-game taken Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 11:25 am

What about a kind of grass?

FPS problem too, maybe
Back to top Go down
xXxGuitar511

PostSubject: Re: Some photos, in-game taken   Some photos, in-game taken Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 6:46 pm

Actually, grass is not too bad on FPS (I just noticed, and hate how First Person Shooter & Frames per second are the same)...

Anyways, you just have to fade them away when their a certain distance from the camera, and most important, make sure they BLEND VERY WELL with the tarrain, or they'll stand out and look crappy...

I made a grass code as well, it worked pretty good for me. Right now I'm also working on a (complex object placement) script, that takes a skin from the terraiin, and places grass, trees, rocks, etc based on the color value... Maybe you could use this? BTW: It's for Loopix
Back to top Go down
marcrem

PostSubject: Re: Some photos, in-game taken   Some photos, in-game taken Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 7:20 pm

sure i'd like to use this.. It's not finished?
Back to top Go down
xXxGuitar511

PostSubject: Re: Some photos, in-game taken   Some photos, in-game taken Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 11:54 pm

Ah... no, not quite...

In fact, it's not even started. I've got so many different things goin on right now...

You mind sending me the files for the game, so I can work on it as well... If the files too big, or you don't want to send me it, thats cool. I don't really need it, It would just make working/testing the code [for storm movemnt, etc] easier.
Back to top Go down
marcrem

PostSubject: Re: Some photos, in-game taken   Some photos, in-game taken Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 2:00 am

I will send you the source of the game soon, i'm at my GF's house, so tommorow I'm back..
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Some photos, in-game taken   Some photos, in-game taken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 7:40 pm

@xXxGuitar511
to write a terrainshader is easy, works up from ps 1_3 (guess) and is fast=>no problem
wiht gras it is not htat good, my grass-scripts are always slow,but if you place just some grass, it shouldnt be a problem( could also spawn trees or rocks, HOUSES)
Back to top Go down
marcrem

PostSubject: Re: Some photos, in-game taken   Some photos, in-game taken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 8:42 pm

I will post the source of the game very soon so maybe scorpion you could try to add the shader for the grass?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
marcrem

PostSubject: Re: Some photos, in-game taken   Some photos, in-game taken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 10:54 pm

http://www.jdhosts.net/marcrem/personal_uploads/fujita5.zip

I placed the tornado in front of the player spawn place... If you need the level file, just ask.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Some photos, in-game taken   Some photos, in-game taken Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 9:50 am

link dont work...but i am workin on the shader...u understand it wrong.i amke a multitexture shader how you want, but grass only a easy spawn script...
Back to top Go down
marcrem

PostSubject: Re: Some photos, in-game taken   Some photos, in-game taken Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 3:11 pm

Sry i understand now..

Its strange.. the link is working for me.. I'll upload it on another server
Back to top Go down
marcrem

PostSubject: Re: Some photos, in-game taken   Some photos, in-game taken Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 3:24 pm

Back to top Go down
ancientsolar

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Some photos, in-game taken   Some photos, in-game taken Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:13 pm

Best bet, to have a graphics option to suit individual user requirements. I mean I would like the grass.. but would my PC feel the same way as me.. we have many disagreements Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some photos, in-game taken   Some photos, in-game taken Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some photos, in-game taken
Page 1 of 1